1) Art on the Street- I love how these tiny Gnomes are popping up all over the city in unexpected areas, here’s one I discovered. So cute!
2) Bright Prints- I’m loving all things Mara Hoffman lately, such gorgeous prints & amazing accessories, I love the whole collection for Spring 2014.
3) Throwback- not sure why, but totally thinking about the 90’s lately…who remembers these girls? I SO wanted to be like Naomi or Christy….they always seems so strong & so beautiful. Such a cool photo & looks like it was shot in Soho where I grew up.
4) The Met Gala Red Carpet 2014- these are my favorite dresses seen at the Met Gala…I loved all the subdued colors mix with the occasional pop of a bright yellow, fuschia or red.
5) Summer- lately it’s been HOT here in California, so I’m loving the idea of future beach days!
The museum was open 24 hours & packed with people checking out all the final exhibits before SFMoma officially closed it’s doors for renovations until 2016. It was such a fun night with DJ’s, live music and a rooftop party. I was inspired by the photography of Gary Winogrand:
FASHION: I would really like to wear this dress now…..
And LOVE this for later in the fall……
INTERIORS: Black & White elements are chic in a living room like this…..
INSPIRATION: I’m working on this mood board for fall 2013…..
KIDS STYLE: Loving this cute Juliette Sunshine dress for little girls to wear now…..
And this adorable outfit for girls to wear later…….
This past weekend we went to the new opening of the Children’s Creativity Museum in San Francisco. (formerly Zeum) http://creativity.org/
What an amazing place! I’m not sure who had more fun, me or my 4 year old daughter? …..I just love to go to well designed places with amazing interiors….I am most happy in a beautiful, fun atmosphere with my family. If you can, you should check it out, there are so many great interactive things to do! Kids get to dress up in costumes, perform & sing, create their own videos (complete with green screen), do puppet shows & create music & animation.
Team Juliette Sunshine has headed North….as in my family & I are now setting up shop in Northern California for a while…..and having fun exploring new territory in the Bay area. Here are some interesting things we have seen in our travels…..
Things are much less hectic here & a lot “greener” than LA and you can actually walk here! Lately I have had a little bit of time to reflect on the whole process of developing a new business and feeling like I want to get back to where I first started, making more unique & one of a kind pieces & getting back to the hand-crafted vibe I originally started with….I love when the whole collection looks special & exciting, and after much experimentation with different looks for the company, I’m just not so sure that adding the basic designs & creating such big collections are really me or the look I wanted for Juliette Sunshine after all……once you start doing the trade shows & having sales & doing production, it’s so easy to get caught up in what other people think you should do or what you think buyers want to see….but at the end of the day, if you’re not really doing what you want & what you love & believe in, what are you really doing, anyway? I have so many ideas all the time, but there are only so many hours in each day and there is just so much to do- so why not just focus on what you love, right?
So, here’s to new beginnings & happy travels! Cheers & see you soon