This summer has gone by SO fast & I’ve been crazy busy with the kids since school’s been out. Now that it’s all finally come to an end, I’m thinking about back to school clothes and what my daughter will want to wear this fall.
The funny thing is that lately she been wanting to dress just like me! I never imagined this happening as I was such a rebel child and always wanting to be the exact opposite of my Mom & everyone else. But my daughter, now at 7 years old will sometimes study my outfits in the morning and then run to her room to find something similar, either in color or silhouette. And so far…most of the new fall clothes she has chosen are like mini versions of the things I’ve always worn. Lately we’re both liking a sort of ‘dressed up dolly rocker’ look.
Here’s some inspiration in case you want to match your fall looks with your daughter’s…..or vice versa…..
1) Art on the Street- I love how these tiny Gnomes are popping up all over the city in unexpected areas, here’s one I discovered. So cute!
2) Bright Prints- I’m loving all things Mara Hoffman lately, such gorgeous prints & amazing accessories, I love the whole collection for Spring 2014.
3) Throwback- not sure why, but totally thinking about the 90’s lately…who remembers these girls? I SO wanted to be like Naomi or Christy….they always seems so strong & so beautiful. Such a cool photo & looks like it was shot in Soho where I grew up.
4) The Met Gala Red Carpet 2014- these are my favorite dresses seen at the Met Gala…I loved all the subdued colors mix with the occasional pop of a bright yellow, fuschia or red.
5) Summer- lately it’s been HOT here in California, so I’m loving the idea of future beach days!
The museum was open 24 hours & packed with people checking out all the final exhibits before SFMoma officially closed it’s doors for renovations until 2016. It was such a fun night with DJ’s, live music and a rooftop party. I was inspired by the photography of Gary Winogrand:
FASHION: I would really like to wear this dress now…..
And LOVE this for later in the fall……
INTERIORS: Black & White elements are chic in a living room like this…..
INSPIRATION: I’m working on this mood board for fall 2013…..
KIDS STYLE: Loving this cute Juliette Sunshine dress for little girls to wear now…..
And this adorable outfit for girls to wear later…….
Getting inspired to start creating the new collections, feeling crazy for color & flowers & pattern mixing but also…..
…. for cool, calm &
dreamy sparkly things……
….& soft colors…..
so cute & so pretty…..
…& places where I’d really like to be….